Saturday, April 26, 2008

Opportunity Missed by Employers / Managers?

The Top 10 of the "Who is NZ's IT Rockstar" have been chosen - check out www.itrockstar.co.nz for more information.

While we had a great response to the competition and many nominations I was dissapointed that not as many managers or employers got involved and made nominations for some of their staff. Here was a perfect chance for a manager to do so, it would of cost them nothing (apart from 4 or 5 minutes of their time) and it would of shown their employee "hey my manager thinks I am a bit special".

I can hear the arguement brewing around 'our team make us a great operation not just one person' which is true but I would hope people are not that petty about not being nominated. Managers or employers didn't need to single out their highest paid or most technical person - all we wanted was a good story.

No comments: