Sunday, March 22, 2009

Flying Qantas

NEVER AGAIN

I had a rather average experience last Wednesday flying to Auckland on Wednesday and then returning to Wellington that night. Firstly I arrive at the Wgtn Airport and was told the 7am flight was cancelled (without even a sorry). They did get me on a 7.30am flight on Air NZ.

In between meetings I get a txt saying my 6pm flight back to Wgtn 'now maybe delayed until 7.30pm' which was a pain but not unbearable. I get out of my last meeting at 5.15pm and there is another txt saying my flight is now at 9pm. I won't repeat what I said. I get to the airport and checked in. No real sorry, the lady didn't seemed to care and I had to ask to see if there was anything like a meal voucher. After a glance back at me they gave me a $10 dollar meal voucher (thanks).

I decide to go and enquire at Air NZ to see what price they have for a seat on their 7.30pm. It was $260 so thought best I sit and wait. The evening gets better. We hop on the place at 8.45am and for some reason we wait an hour in the actual plane before we take off - no reason given, no announcement from the pilot. What a horrible customer service experience

No comments: